WHAT'S IN STOCK?
It’s hard to be modest when describing the Tempest – it’s born to run. Downwind there is nothing like it – effortless, fluid, perpetual. Incredibly nimble for an OC-2, it makes transitions easy.
Share the fun! It’s hard to describe the beauty of linking wave after wave to the uninitiated, but with the Tempest you can just show them. Give someone a view of the race from the front of the pack. Log some me time and quality time with the kids. Teach someone the nuances of surfing, or coax a mentor to share some pointers.
In addition to the lightweight carbon layup, the Tempest is available in a sturdier, heavier fibreglass "club layup". The club model is designed to better withstand the rigors of heavy use by club members. Available by special order, club layup canoes come in white only (this simplifies repair work!)
- Carbon layup: 100% carbon prepreg, 2mm foam core
- Club layup: 100% glass fiber prepreg, 3mm foam core
- 3x atmosphere cure
- Hybrid epoxy polyurethane marine paint
- Full carbon i’akos
- Full carbon rudder with stainless steel shaft
- High density foam core hull for added stiffness
- Adjustable steering, front seat, back seat or both
- LOA: 23′
- Beam: 17″
- Hull weight: Carbon - 24 lbs, Club layup - 44 lbs
- Dyneema steering cables